- 1 lb boneless, skinless, organic chicken breasts
- 1 cup onion finely, chopped
- 2.5 cups red or orange peppers, chopped
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1.5 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup chicken broth with low or no salt
- avocado or guacamole, green onions (for serving)
- Chop onions and peppers. (Optional: you can sauté in 1 teaspoon of olive oil for 2 minutes before adding to crockpot.)
- Lay chicken breasts along the bottom of the crockpot.
- Cover chicken with pumpkin puree, onions/peppers, broth, and spices.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 hours.
- After 6 hours, shred chicken breasts. You can shred them right in the crockpot with two forks or remove from the pan and pull apart on a cutting board. The chicken will be tender enough that it falls apart. Stir the chicken in with the other ingredients
- Optional if you have time: Allow the chicken to sit for an additional 10-20 minutes after shredding the chicken. The chicken will absorb some of the liquid and thicken the chili.
- Garnish with avocado or guacamole + enjoy! Makes 4 servings.
Calories 197, Fat 4g, Sat fat 1g, Chol 73mg, Sodium 298mg, Carbs 15g, Fiber 5g, Sugar 8g, Protein 26g