- 1 pound brussels sprouts, trimmed and sliced in half
- 1 pound cauliflower florets
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- ground sea salt
- 1 ½ cups dry quinoa
- 2 ¼ cups water
- 12 ounces mixed greens
- 1 pound assorted chopped veggies (i.e. cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, etc.)
- 1 (15 oz.) can chickpeas (or other cooked beans/protein)
CREAMY PESTO DRESSING
- 1/4 cup fresh basil
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 small shallot (about 2 tablespoons minced)
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. Add brussels sprouts and cauliflower to a large rimmed baking sheet, and drizzle them with olive oil. Toss well, and make sure brussels sprouts are arranged cut-side-down, to brown nicely. Season generously with salt, then place the pan in oven to cook until tender, about 20 minutes.
- While the veggies are cooking, rinse quinoa in a fine mesh sieve under running water. Add drained quinoa and water to a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Once boiling, cover and cook on low heat for 10 minutes. Then remove from the heat entirely but keep lid on for an additional 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork and set aside until ready to serve.
- While quinoa and veggies are still cooking, add dressing ingredients to a blender, along with ¼ cup of water, to help with blending. Blend until very smooth, and adjust any flavoring as needed. (This dressing will thicken when chilled, FYI, so you can thin it out with a splash of water later if required.)
- To assemble quinoa bowls, add a scoop of cooked quinoa (I use ¾ cup per bowl) to a serving bowl, along with a big handful of leafy greens, a scoop of warm roasted veggies, a scoop of cooked chickpeas, and any chopped raw vegetables you have. Drizzle generously with the dressing, and serve right away. Leftover components can be stored separately in the fridge for up to 5 days, and served cold again for any easy-packed lunch. Makes 6 servings.
Calories: 386kcal | Carbohydrates: 53g | Protein: 16g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g | Monounsaturated Fat: 7g | Sodium: 461mg | Fiber: 12g | Sugar: 5g