Is there a food that screams “SUMMER!” more than watermelon? As you prepare your summer meals, think about adding this healthy, seasonal, flavorful side to your menu! It’s bound to be a crowd favorite at any cookout, and will really balance out any grilled main dish!
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- One 8-pound seedless watermelon, scooped into balls with a melon baller or cut into 1 1/2-inch chunks, chilled
- 1/2 pound (2 cups) reduced-fat feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 1/4 cups pitted kalamata olives, coarsely chopped
- 1 small sweet onion, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1 cup coarsely chopped mint leaves (also tastes great with basil as an alternative!)
- In a large bowl, whisk the oil, lemon juice, salt, Tabasco and pepper. Add the watermelon, feta, olives and onion and toss gently.
- Garnish with the mint and serve!