Salmon Rice Bowl
This simple salmon bowl is good for your heart, brain and tastes great! Protein and Omega-3 rich salmon is served in a bowl accompanied by nutritious, fresh and delicious veggies. All that yummy, filling goodness in only 30 minutes!
- 4 salmon fillets (4-6 oz each)
- 4 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 2 red peppers, cut into strips
- 2/3 cup extra virgin olive oil, plus 1 tablespoon
- Kosher or sea salt (to taste)
- Freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1/3 cup of lime juice (fresh is best!)
- 2 Tbsp cilantro, finely chopped
- plus more for serving!
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 garlic clove, minced
Lime wedges, for serving
- Preheat oven to 400°
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Place peppers on baking sheet and toss with 1 Tbsp olive oil, then season with salt and pepper and place in the oven. Bake for 10 minutes.
- While peppers cook: combine olive oil, lime juice, cilantro, honey and garlic in a bowl and whisk to combine. Place salmon in a large bowl and season with salt and pepper. Pour half the marinade over fillets. Toss until fully coated. Set aside remaining marinade.
- When peppers have baked for 10 minutes, remove from oven and place salmon fillets on top of peppers. Bake together until peppers are tender and salmon is cooked through, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Divide rice into four bowls and top with salmon, peppers, sliced avocado and a wedge of lime. Garnish with cilantro and serve with extra marinade on the side!
Yield: 4 bowls
Calories 413, Total Fat 16g, Protein 22g, Carb 47g, 4.6g Sugar, 25mg sodium
Dish derived from: Delish.com