- 16 oz wild caught salmon fillet (skin removed)
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/3 cup diced shallots
- 1 cup kale (chopped)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- 3/4 cup cooked quinoa
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp Old Bay
- 1 large organic egg (beaten)
- 2 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 1/2 tbsp champagne vinegar
- 2 tbsp minced shallots
- 1 1/ 4 tsp dijon mustard
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 10 loose cups baby arugula
- 1 large pink grapefruit (peeled and diced)
- To make dressing –In a small bowl, whisk olive oil, vinegar, shallots, Dijon, salt, and pepper.
- Cut a 4 oz piece off or the salmon and place in a food processor or chopper to finely chop. This will help hold the burgers together.
- With a knife finely chop the remaining salmon, transfer to a large work bowl.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, add the oil and saute shallots and kale. Season with salt and pepper and cook over medium heat until wilted and tender, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Transfer to the bowl with salmon along with quinoa, Dijon, Old Bay and egg. Mix to combine, then form into 5 patties, about 1/2 cup each.
- Lightly heat a nonstick grill pan or skillet over medium heat, when hot spray with oil and add the salmon patties. Cook the 4 to 5 minutes, then gently turn and cook an additional 4 to 5 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Toss the dressing with the arugula and grapefruit; divide on four plates.
- Top each salad with a salmon burger. Makes 5 servings.
Calories: 277kcal, Carbohydrates: 17g, Protein: 23g, Fat: 13g, Cholesterol: 105mg, Sodium: 338mg, Fiber: 2g, Sugar: 5g