Did someone say breakfast?
Try this recipe as we think it will be a keeper!
Here’s a 5-ingredient hearty breakfast idea that’s filled with protein and fiber!
- Perfect for a post-workout meal
- Will keep you full for hours
- Minimal ingredients that are good for you!
- 3 slices uncured turkey bacon or regular bacon
- 1 small diced onion
- 1 sweet potato, cubed
- 2 garlic cloves , minced
- 2 cups brussels sprouts, stems removed and quartered
- 1 apple, diced
- Optional: eggs or egg whites or both
- salt + pepper to taste
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add bacon.
- Cook until desired doneness, then remove from pan to plate lined with a paper towel. When cooled, crumble bacon and set aside.
- Reserve about 2 tablespoons bacon grease in pan and add onion and sweet potato to the skillet and toss to coat. If using turkey bacon, spray skillet with cooking spray or add olive or coconut oil as needed.
- Cook until sweet potato has softened, about 10 minutes, then stir in garlic, brussels sprouts and apple. Cook for about 10-15 mins until mixture is soft and caramelized.
- Stir crumbled bacon into the mixture. Add cooked eggs if using. Serve immediately and enjoy!
- Makes 4 servings (1 1/4 cup per serving).
Calories: 166, Fat 2g, Sat Fat 1g, Chol 4mg, Sodium 266mg, Carbs 30g, Fiber 7g, Sugar 10g, Prot 6g (without eggs)