- 1/2 block organic extra firm tofu
- Cooking spray
- 1/4 cup pizza sauce
- 1/4 cup of your favorite pizza cheeses
- 1/4 cup pizza toppings of choice (pepperoni, bell peppers, mushrooms, onions, etc)
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 T fresh basil, shredded
- Slice block of tofu in half lengthwise. Slice each half into 4 long strips, about 1/2 inch thick. These tofu slices will go into the waffle maker.
- Slice half a block of tofu lengthwise into 4 equal slices. Place tofu on hot waffle maker, press down, and cook for 5 to 7 minutes until waffles start to brown.
- Place waffle on a baking sheet. Spray each side of the waffle with cooking spray and place baking sheet under the oven broiler. Broil the waffle for 5 minutes on each side until waffle becomes crispy.
- Remove waffle from oven. Top with pizza sauce, then cheese, then toppings of choice. Place pizza waffle back under the broiler and broil for 6 to 8 minutes or until the cheese and toppings start to brown.
- Remove pizza from oven, and drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with red chili flakes, and top with fresh shredded basil. Makes 2 servings.
Calories: 152kcal, Carbohydrates: 7g, Protein: 12g, Fat: 9g, Saturated Fat: 4g, Cholesterol: 15mg, Sodium: 325mg, Fiber: 2g, Sugar: 2g