Is there a better way to cook in the warm weather than grilling?! Basically, everything can be cooked on the grill with delicious results. Turkey burgers are a nice and healthy change of pace; just form these patties, slap them on the grill and voila – a healthy, yummy meal!
(makes 12 burgers)
- 3 pounds of fat-free turkey
- ¼ cup seasoned bread crumbs
- ½ cup finely diced onions
- 2 egg whites, lightly beaten
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 10 shakes Worcestershire sauce
- In a large bowl, mix ground turkey, seasoned bread crumbs, onion, egg whites, parsley, garlic, salt, pepper and Worcestershire sauce
- Form into 12 patties
- Either cook on the grill or in a medium skillet over medium heat, browning both sides and reaching an internal temperature of 180 degrees.
- Serve on whole wheat bun – or in lettuce wrap to cut down on the carbs! Top with lettuce, red onion and tomato. Enjoy!
Per patty (makes 12 patties): 163 calories, 1.5g fat, 2.7g carbs, 37.2g protein, 288.5mg sodium