- cooking spray
- 2 lb 99% lean ground turkey
- 1/2 tsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 1/2 tbsp cumin
- 1 tsp oregano
- 2 15 oz cans white northern or navy beans, rinsed and drained
- 15 oz can pumpkin puree
- 4.5 oz canned chopped green chile
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- kosher salt and pepper to taste
- chopped cilantro, ,red onion or chives for topping
- Greek yogurt or low-fat sour cream for topping
- Heat a large heavy saute pan over high heat and lightly spray with oil.
- Add meat and cook, breaking it up until white, about 5 minutes. Add to crock pot.
- Add oil to the saute pan, then onions, garlic, sauté about 3 – 4 minutes; add cumin and sauté another minute. Add to crock pot.
- Add beans, pumpkin puree, green chilis, broth, chili powder, oregano, and bay leaves.
- Cover and cook on high for 4 hours or low for 8 hours.
- Remove bay leaves and adjust seasoning to taste before serving. Makes 9 servings. Enjoy!
Serving: 1cup, Calories: 273kcal, Carbohydrates: 31g, Protein: 32g, Fat: 3g, Sodium: 499mg, Fiber: 12g, Sugar: 3g