- 4 zucchinis, sliced in half lengthwise
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- 2 celery stalks, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 lb extra-lean organic ground beef (or lean ground turkey)
- 2 cups of your favorite spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 2 tbsp fresh chopped basil (optional garnish)
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced (optional garnish)
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Slice zucchini in half lengthwise and scoop out seeds. Add to a 9×13 baking dish and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a large skillet over med-high heat. Add onions, carrots, and celery, sautéing for 1-2 minutes. Add ground beef and cook for 4-5 minutes until lightly browned. Add garlic, Italian seasoning, salt & pepper, and spaghetti sauce. Bring to a boil then remove from heat.
- Add meat mixture to zucchini boats and top with cheese. Bake for 20 minutes or until cheese is fully melted.
- Remove from oven and garnish with basil and cherry tomatoes. Serve and enjoy! Makes 4 servings.
Calories 337kcal | Carbohydrates 19g | Protein 35g | Fat 14g | Sat Fat 6g | Cholesterol 92mg | Sodium 1519mg | Fiber 5g | Sugar 13g