Who doesn’t love the classic flavors of chicken parmesan? In this recipe, we bring the classic italian dish to a new level by stuffing it in deliciously roasted peppers. We hope you enjoy it!
Yields: 4 servings Prep Time: 10 mins Cook Time: 1 hour Total Time: 1 hour 15 mins
- 3 cup Shredded mozzarella, divided
- 1/2 cup Freshly grated Parmesan, plus more for serving
- 3 Cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cup Marinara
- 1 tbsp. Freshly chopped parsley, plus more for garnish
- Pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 12oz Fresh or frozen breaded chicken, cooked according to package instructions and diced
- 4 Bell peppers, halved and seeds removed
- 1/2 cup Swanson Chicken Broth
- Preheat oven to 400º. In a large bowl, combine 2 cups mozzarella, Parmesan, garlic, marinara, parsley, and red pepper flakes and season with salt and pepper. Stir until combined, then gently fold in chicken.
- Spoon mixture into halved bell peppers and sprinkle with remaining 1 cup mozzarella.
- Pour chicken broth into baking dish (to help the peppers steam) and cover with foil.
- Bake until peppers are tender, 55 minutes to 1 hour. Uncover and broil 2 minutes.
- Garnish with parsley and more Parmesan before serving.