Kettlebell Figure 8 Description:
The kettlebell Figure 8 is a fantastic full body exercise. It is an explosive hip-dominant movement that also involves anti-rotation and a dose of upper body strength when you pull it to your chest.
Figure 8 Instructions:
- Stand with the kettlebell two feet in front of you
- Grab one corner of the kettlebell and hike it between your legs
- Reach around with your opposite hand and grab the other corner of the kettlebell, while maintaining a neutral spine. Chest up and not too much rotation! NOTE: Do not pull the kettlebell into your face!
- Forcefully extend your hips and pull the kettlebell around towards your chest
- Catch the kettlebell with your opposite hand and exhale!
- For the next rep, swing the kettlebell between your legs in a similar fashion to a One-Arm Kettlebell Swing and repeat the above steps.
Figure 8 Cues:
- Eyes on the horizon
- Neutral spine
- Chest up
- Elbow close to body