- 2T olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup carrots, diced
- 2 cups cauliflower, riced
- 6 cups chicken broth (use bone broth to kick up the protein)
- 12–14 oz shredded chicken, precooked (Grab your favorite Rotisserie chicken)
- 1 tsp dried dill
- 2T fresh parsley (reserve some for topping)
- 1 tsp salt (salt further to taste)
- 1/2 tsp fresh black pepper
- 3 egg yolks (optional)
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup kale, chopped
- Lemon wedges and lemon zest to serve
- Using a large stockpot, heat the oil on medium-low heat.
- Saute the onions on low heat for 3-4 minutes or until lightly translucent. Add the carrots and cauliflower rice and saute for an additional 5 minutes or until slightly softened.
- Pour in the broth and herbs and stir well to combine. Simmer on medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Spoon out about 1 cup of hot broth and set aside. In a small bowl whisk together the egg yolks until fully scrambled. Slowly pour the cup of hot broth into the egg mixture while continuing to whisk. This will gently cook the egg yolks. Pour the yolk mixture into the rest of the soup and stir.
- Add the chicken and lemon juice to the soup, stir to combine, and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Add in the kale and stir for two more minutes to wilt the kale.
- Allow the soup to cool and season further to taste. Serve with lemon wedges and fresh parsley. Makes 4 servings.
Per Serving: 279 Calories, 13g fat, 13g carbs, 3g fiber, 29g protein