It’s football season and we know what that means — lots of snacking! Try this dip at your next gathering!
This snack has lots of goodness with less calories and fat in your traditional spinach dip. Serve it up next time you have a football party and make it a crowd pleaser that will keep them coming back for more!
Serve with tortilla chips and veggies!
- 1 12-oz bag frozen cut leaf spinach, cooked and drained
- 1 15-oz can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 2T olive oil
- 1 14-oz can quartered artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 4 oz reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tsp hot sauce, or to taste
- 2T minced garlic
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Prepare spinach according to package. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Drain cooked spinach and add to a large bowl.
- In the bowl of a large food processor, blend cannellini beans and olive oil until smooth. Add mixture to the bowl with spinach.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to bowl and stir to combine evenly. Place mixture in an oven-safe baking dish (Cast iron pan works best).
- Sprinkle extra Parmesan on top and bake for 20-30 minutes, or until dip is heated throughout and cheese is melted. Serve warm. Makes 12 servings.
Calories: 134kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 15mg | Sodium: 267mg | Potassium: 286mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 1g | Calcium: 140mg | Iron: 2mg