It might feel like it’s been non-stop holiday food since Thanksgiving, but this week’s recipe for Holiday Hummus is a new spin to add to your table. Hummus is actually very easy to make and when you do it from scratch you can control what goes into it and make sure to keep it as healthy as possible! This delicious recipe is flavorful and fresh. Great to eat with veggies and homemade chips!
- 2 1⁄2 cups cooked garbanzo beans
- 1 cup Ragú® Pasta Sauce (chunky tomato garlic and onion)
- 1⁄2 cup feta cheese
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lime (juice)
- 6 -8 corn tortillas, toasted and cut into chips or 2 cups tortilla chips
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper (optional)
- Place 2 cups garbanzo beans in a food processor. Press for 30 seconds, add olive oil, lime juice, salt. Continue pressing until smooth hummus consistency.
- Heat a skillet and add Ragu sauce until warm. Place on a bowl. Using the same skillet, add canola oil and rest of whole garbanzo beans and heat until crisp.
- Assemble the hummus by placing garbanzo dip first, Ragu sauce, crispy garbanzo beans on top. Sprinkle cilantro, lime, feta cheese, salt and pepper. Serve with tortilla chips.