Yum Yum! Think of this healthy restaurant makeover as the Japanese steakhouse experience in salad form brought to your kitchen! Enjoy!
- 1 ¼ pounds steak (Boneless Strip, 1-1 1/4 Inches Thick, Trimmed)
- ½ tsp salt, divided
- ¼ tsp white ground pepper
- 2 zucchini or summer squash, chopped
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1T toasted sesame oil (Dark, Plus 2 Teaspoons, Divided)
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- 4 tsp rice vinegar
- 2 tsp reduced-sodium tamari
- 2 tsp ketchup
- 2 tsp fresh ginger, grated
- 1 ¼ tsp sugar
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- 8 cups romaine lettuce, chopped
- Place a grill basket on one half of a grill; preheat to medium-high.
- Season steak with 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper. Toss summer squash and/or zucchini and onion in a large bowl with 1 tablespoon oil and the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- Transfer the vegetables to the grill basket. Cook, stirring once or twice, until tender and charred, 8 to 10 minutes. Oil the other side of the grill rack and grill the steak, turning once, 3 to 4 minutes per side for medium rare. Let rest on a clean cutting board for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine mayonnaise, vinegar, tamari, ketchup, ginger, sugar, garlic powder and the remaining 2 teaspoons oil in a small bowl.
- Arrange lettuce on a platter. Slice the steak into 1/2-inch-thick strips. Top the lettuce with the steak and vegetables. Serve with the dressing.
Serving Size: about 3 cups
376 calories, 25g fat, 5g sat fat, 68mg chol, 609mg sodium,13g carbs, 3g fiber, 8g sugar, 25g protein