Looking for a yummy, healthy recipe that tastes like it took a lot of time and effort but didn’t? These chicken tenderloins are baked in a sweet, savory and sticky honey mustard sauce with sprigs of fresh rosemary – yum!
All you need is some Dijon mustard, coarse mustard, honey, chicken tenderloins and some fresh rosemary. If you’re really in a rush, you can skip the onion/garlic mixture and just pour the honey mustard sauce over the chicken, add rosemary and bake. Voilà!
- 1/4 cup grainy, course mustard
- 1/4 cup dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup honey
- 3 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 1/2 pounds boneless chicken tenderloins
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3-4 sprigs of fresh rosemary
- In a small bowl, combine mustards, honey and 2 teaspoons olive oil
- In a saute pan or cast iron skillet, add 1 tsp of olive oil
- Add onion and saute over medium heat until golden and tender (about 5 mins). Add garlic and saute for another 1-2 mins, until fragrant
- Place chicken on top of onion/garlic mixture, or if the pan you cooked the mixture can’t go straight in oven transfer to oven safe dish switch and put all in dish. Salt and pepper the mixture.
- Pour the honey mustard mixture on top of the chicken mixture. Arrange the rosemary around the chicken in the pan.
- Bake the chicken at 400 degrees for about 20 minutes. Then remove cover, baste the chicken with sauce and continue to cook for another 25-30 minutes or until chicken is is browned on top and cooked through.
Enjoy on top of a salad or with some veggies on the side. Yum!
Makes 12 4oz servings
Nutrition (per serving): 143 calories, 13 carbs, 2g fat, 18g protein, 333mg sodium, 12g sugar