A kettlebell complex is a series of movements performed back-to-back with little to no rest in between. The goal of this workout is multi-faceted: metabolic conditioning, to tax multiple muscle groups and energy systems simultaneously, and to keep the entire body under a prolonged period of stress.
The setup: You need just one medium-sized kettlebell.
This workout: One superset with six exercises; the first round is 12 reps, the second is 8 reps, the final round is 6 reps. Here’s the kicker: you will complete each round (of six exercises) on one side WITHOUT PUTTING THE KETTLEBELL DOWN. To break it down further: 12 swings right arm, 12 cleans right arm, 12 press right arm, 12 squat right arm, 12 rows right arm, 1 lap carry in right arm. Got it?!
Perform 3 rounds. 1st round: 12 reps 2nd round: 8 reps 3rd round: 6 reps. Do an entire round on each side before putting the kettlebell down
- Single Arm Kettlebell Swing – 12, 10, 8 reps
- Single Arm Kettlebell Clean – 12, 10, 8 reps
- Single Arm Kettlebell Press (alternative: Floor Press) – 12, 10, 8 reps
- Single Arm Kettlebell Squat – 12, 10, 8 reps
- Single Arm Kettlebell Row – 12, 10, 8 reps
- Single Arm Kettlebell Carry, Racked or Farmer’s – 1 lap at the end of each round