Spread the love with these sheet-pan pancakes to celebrate your family! Here’s a healthier version of pancakes with strawberries without the mess!
- 1 ⅓ cups white whole-wheat flour
- 1 ⅓ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 ¼ tsp baking powder
- 1 ¼ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 3 cups organic low-fat buttermilk
- 3 large organic eggs
- ½ tsp almond extract
- 1T pure maple syrup, plus 1/2 cup for serving
- ⅓ cup organic unsalted butter, melted
- 1 ¼ cups thinly sliced fresh organic strawberries
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees F. Lightly coat an 18-by-13-inch rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Whisk whole-wheat flour, all-purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large bowl. Whisk buttermilk, eggs, almond extract and 1 tablespoon maple syrup in a medium bowl. Whisk wet ingredients into dry ingredients. Gently whisk in melted butter. The batter will be lumpy. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Spread the batter in an even layer on the prepared baking sheet. Arrange strawberries on top.
- Transfer to the oven and immediately reduce temperature to 425 degrees F. Bake the pancake until golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center
Serving Size: 1 piece with about 2 tsp. syrup
227 calories; 7g fat, 4g sat fat, 62 mg chol, 520 mg sodium, 35g carbs, 2 g fiber; 13 g sugar; 7 g protein