I get a lot of questions about healthy desserts that won’t take you totally off track but taste good. So, without further adieu, here’s a brownie recipe that is liked by kids – big and small! Bonus: the sweet potatoes add anti-inflammatory benefits in addition to increasing your vitamin A and C – they’re great for your immune system! Give these a try and let me know what you think!
- 1 cup cooked mashed sweet potatoes
- 1/2 cup nut butter (I used creamy almond)
- 2T maple syrup
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3T semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- On the stove, melt nut butter and syrup.
- In large bowl add potatoes, melted mixture and cocoa and blend. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Put mixture in greased pan and bake for 20 minutes or until cooked through.
- Let brownies cool completely before slicing and refrigerating.
Per serving (makes 8): 9g fat, 15g carbs, 5g protein, 4g fiber, 9g sugar