- 3/4 cup sweet potato
- 1/2 cup creamy almond butter (use raw almond butter for best flavor)
- 1/2 cup cacao powder
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1/3 cup gluten-free flour mix
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF and line a 9-inch square pan with parchment paper. In a large bowl, combine the mashed sweet potato, almond butter, cacao powder, coconut sugar, flour, baking powder, vanilla extract, and salt. Stir well, until a relatively smooth batter is formed. (You can do this in a food processor, if you prefer.)
- Fold in the chocolate chips, if using. Transfer the batter to the prepared pan and use a spatula to smooth the top. Bake at 350ºF until the edges look dry and the center of the brownies have puffed up, about 35 to 40 minutes.
- Let the brownies cool completely before slicing, or they will be too soft. Cut them into 16 small squares, and store the leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge. I think they taste even better when you serve them cold from the fridge the next day! Leftovers can be stored in the fridge for up to a week, or in the freezer for up to 3 months. Makes 16 brownies.
Calories: 132kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 67mg | Potassium: 181mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 884IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 62mg | Iron: 1mg