This recipe is proof that chili doesn’t have to be red! A delicious low-fat white bean chili recipe made with beans, turkey, and spices that can be made on the stove or in a crock pot. Makes great leftovers and tastes even better the next day for lunch once all of the flavors have time to meld!
- 1 onion – chopped
- 2 cloves garlic – minced
- 1 lb extra lean Turkey – ground
- 1 (4oz) can chopped green chilies
- 1 ½ tsp ground cumin
- 1 ½ tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp turmeric
- Ground cayenne pepper to taste
- Ground white pepper to taste
- 2 cans Cannellini beans (rinsed)
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- Light shredded Monterrey cheese (optional)
- In a large pan over medium heat, add garlic and onions and cook until onions begin to turn translucent.
- Add ground turkey and brown and put all ingredients in crock pot.
- Add chili peppers, spices, beans and broth to the pot and cook for at least 4 hours on high.
Nutrition Information :
Yield: 8 servings
Per serving : Calories 187, Fat 5g, Protein 17g, Carb 18g, Fiber 5g, Chol 40mg